This past week, I was working at a local coffee shop with one of my clients who was a bit overwhelmed and needed to work through some cost and supply chain issues. I told her not to worry and that we'd figure it all out within the hour. She just looked at me and said, "What do people without a you do?". I took that as a great compliment, but she had meant it in all seriousness. If you're struggling on your own, an experienced consultant will save you time & money in the long run. It can take several years and tens of thousands of dollars to figure out how to make apparel without any industry background. Or more. I’ve met plenty of folks who did just that before they found me.
Here are ten quick examples of how I deliver:
1. The apparel industry is like family and I've been part of it for almost two decades. Connections are everything. People often ask how I source fabric. I already have an established network of companies I work with.
2. I know the terminology and have the fabric knowledge to find what you’re looking for. And, yes, I can generally tell what a fabric is by touching it.
3. I can predict when a new style will have a construction or fit problem in production based on all the clothes I’ve helped create in the past.
4. Illustrator & various CAD programs are expensive and take a long time to learn how to draw in. I can transform your napkin sketches into clean vector line art for you.
5. I’ve got a good eye for style lines and color. To nerd out for a moment, I scored 100% on the Farnsworth-Munsell color test. (You can try it online now too - https://www.color-blindness.com/farnsworth-munsell-100-hue-color-vision-test/#prettyPhoto)
6. Tech packs (blueprints for apparel creation) require a lot of detail to work with manufacturers and specific information. I’ve made thousands over the years.
7. Manufacturing has its own language and acronyms and I’m fluent in it.
8. I can make patterns and do pattern corrections, as well as help supply digital files.
9. I spend a lot of time in factories and can get your product set up at the right one for your price point and quality.
10. Can’t figure out why a certain mass production problem is happening? I’ve spotted production issues at factories while product is in motion and saved clients’ tons of money.
Most importantly, if we start working together, I’ve got your back.
Fill out the form on the contact page to schedule your free 15-minute consultation now!